Monday, October 10, 2011

Our 1st Anniversary 10.9.11

Yesterday Adam and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary!  We were expecting to be a party of 3 by now, but we got to celebrate one last date night with dinner at Table 6 (the brisket is a-m-a-z-i-n-g) and then dessert at D-bar. It was fun to reminisce over the past year and think about all that God has done, how much life has changed, and all the fun we have had along the way.

I can't help but recognize that God has been so so so gracious to Adam and I over this past year. He has provided for our e-v-e-r-y need, given us a lot of fun memories together, blessed our communication with each other, continued to show us that He is in control, and loosened our grip so we can enjoy this journey He has us on.  Even though we have experienced a lot of change in the past year, I also feel like there has been a sense of simplicity and peace in our lives and our marriage that I am so thankful for.

Adam is such a gift! He knows the depths of my brokenness and yet has shown me God's graciousness, delight and tenderness in a way that I have never experienced before. Adam has taken me on adventures, supported me, sacrificed for me, listened to me, and loved me even when I'm not the most lovable person in the room.

Last night we watched our wedding video and recommitted our vows to each other as a reminder for the year ahead of how we want to love one another. Now when I think of these vows, there is actually life experiences behind it that make them feel even more sacred than the day I first said them.

"I Amy, take you Adam to be my husband,
my faithful partner, my constant friend,
and my love from this day forward.
By God's grace and power working within me
I promise you my deepest love,
my fullest devotion, my tenderest care.
I give myself to you completely.
I offer you my solemn vow to love you without reservation,
in sickness and in health,
in plenty and in want,
to stand together in our times of joy and sorrow,
always to be open and honest with you,
to laugh with you and to cry with you
and cherish you for as long as we both shall live."










No comments:

Post a Comment