Thursday, January 27, 2011

to 28...and a perspective check

Yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday! Adam was really sweet and woke up early and ran to whole foods to buy me flowers and surprised me with breakfast in bed! It was such a great way to start the day.




Our families chipped in to get me a new camera lens I've been wanting. It's a cannon 50mm/1.4 and Adam and I have been taking pictures of everything in our house. I love it!


This morning I was reading a friend from highscool's blog who is battling cancer and it was a good perspective check. I spent yesterday working, talking on the phone and celebrating and she spent yesterday in pain in a hospital bed. We are both newly married and our daily lives look so different right now. Sarah is such an encouragement and inspiration. Her blog posts and videos show such a sweet intimacy and peace with Christ that many may never experience this side of heaven.  It's such a great reminder that life is such a gift and I want to make the most of whatever the Lord has in store for me. Beleiving that "He who started a good work in you, will carry it out until completion."

Lord, be with Sarah today, may she continue to know your presence and experience your love and healing moment by moment.

1 comment:

  1. i got the same lense for christmas! don't you love it?! and what a great husband. that yogurt in a cup was so creative...go adam!

    ReplyDelete