Monday, May 12, 2014

life as of late...

So it's been 6 months since I updated our blog, whoops! When I first started our family blog, I had visions on writing a new entry every week so I could keep a good account of our lives before I forgot it all….and then I had sweet babies.  Life these days keeps my laptop closed most of the time, and honestly, I kinda like it that way. I am way behind on posts about Jonah's birth, life with 2, all the important milestones I want to remember. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, now that I am finally able to upload photos again,  I can go back and write it all down. But for now, I'll spend my time changing diapers, feeding bottles, cutting food into bite size pieces, playing blocks, folding laundry, going for walks, reading Cat in the Hat, tickling chubby necks, giving boosts up the ladder at the park, bouncing and swaying and singing amazing grace to put little ones to sleep.

Emma Kate turned 2 and ½ in April and she is fully embracing toddlerhood! She is vibrant and imaginative and pushing every boundary possible.  She is learning to obey mommy and daddy "the first time, all the way, with a happy heart." She is playful and joyful and loves to sing songs and read books. On our hard days, I feel like she hears lots more "I'm sorry's" from me for getting frustrated with all the boundary pushing and not responding well, which daily makes me realize my need for Jesus. "He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145:8   I guess we are both learning how to navigate the two's, and giving each other grace in the journey.  She loves being a big sister and has really blossomed since Jonah arrived. She is more engaging of other people and is learning to be brave, which is so fun to watch.  She loves having playdates and making friends and her blond curly hair is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen! She is sweet, talkative, always has sticky hands and destroys her clothes playing and exploring in the backyard and I love her for it.



Jonah is 3 months old and is c-h-u-b-b-y!  I love it! I think baby wrist fat is probably one of my favorite things in the whole world. He has such a calm and joyful disposition. He sometimes sleeps through the night, which is a total gift, and he clearly has a healthy appetite!  His loves watching Emma Kate play and read books. If she is in the room, guaranteed he is looking at her.  He is a grunty breather, loud eater, likes to blow bubbles and kick around on his playmat. We are so thankful he's here! 

 








 







No comments:

Post a Comment